Friday, October 30, 2009

My Addiction

They say the first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem. My addiction is vampires. Maybe it's because they have flooded mainstream society but I'm madly in love with the blood sucking variety. My husband knows this and he accepts it, even occasionally he'll contribute to my needs. Between Anne Rice's vamps and the mild manner Twilight variety, I'm like a pig in mud... allow me to overindulge in these naughty creatures of the night. The kind I like the best comes from my fav author Christine Feehan. Of course her vamps are the uberbad kind and it's the Carpathians I love the most but again... I'm addicted.

As far as vampy movies go, I don't like them.. Vamps are super sexual and yummy, not dirty foul smelling beasties. I will probably watch New Moon when it comes out but I really hate the actors they chose for a fav series of mine. Hopefully they'll redeem themselves by the time Breaking Dawn comes around.

Until then, I will feed my addiction through my books that I've read a hundred times and pray that it's enough!

1 comment:

  1. Girl I was so obsessed with Anne Rice books in high school. I read almost every book in the Vampire Chronicles.. I think maybe I missed one or two. To this day, Lestat is one of my favorite fictional characters ever created!!!

    ReplyDelete